May 21st. That will be the date my adventure really begins, although you could argue that it has already been going on for a looong time. Anyways, that is the day that I will head out to SWEDEN! Where I’ll hang around for a couple weeks and then move on to Norway. I only have a couple days left at my current job, and my my goodbye-party will be this week! I’ll genuinely miss the people I worked with, but I’m happy to head out soon!
In the meanwhile there’s a lot of things going on.
- Getting my phone/computer to properly backup to a cloud solution (that works convenient)
- Getting/trying out custom insoles (for the long hikes)
- Having my wisdom teeth pulled and recovering from that
- Checking with my insurance company if all the safety nets in case of nasty stuff is in place. (I have a Garmin Inreach and I need to know if using that fancy S.O.S. Button will cost my my life savings or not)
- Go to the outdoor store and get my back-pack properly fitted (I fear that my current one does not fit well enough based on some test-walks from the last few months)
- Some odd jobs cleaning/repairing in my van
- Saying goodbye to friends/family
That’s not nearly everything but just a few of the must-do’s.
An oh yeah, I’m sort of starting a company. Which here in the Netherlands means having a 20 minute registration meeting in a government office, but the difficult thing is finding out all the rules and regulations regarding taxes and bookkeeping. But the next several months there’s all the time in the world to figure that out. I want to keep going freelance as an option to make money while on the road, or maybe I’ll get a new full-time (remote) employer. I’m not sure yet…
It’s a bit of a ramble but there’s more to come, probably a van-tour and I’ll make it a bit less rambly 🙂